Monday, June 14, 2010

The Bible In 90 Days
my journal of the experience

Week Two
Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy - say that 5 times fast! Try reading it in 1 week - zooooooooooooooooooooooom!

And yet as I read it I remembered many things I'd learned from previous studies of each of these books. It brought to mind richness and revelation of who God is . . . and the main and plain truth is that

He is holy

I picked up and read about these books in the supplementary book for this program called The Essential Bible Companion. This book is essential as a Bible reading companion - it provides the nutshell and main points of history, meaning, and applications lest you missed them.

The many details about the tabernacle in the scriptures read this week provide us with an awareness of how God is to be approached. We can't just walk right up and high five God. He is not one of us. And where he places the tabernacle is in the midst of His people. He desires us to be in His presence.

I'm once again grateful for what God did through Christ to give us the gift of His presence dwelling within us in His Holy Spirit.

Where I go, He goes, what I hear, He hears, what I do, He is present.

He also asks us to be holy as He is holy. He does not ask us to be what He does not enable us to be. I can not in my human effort become holy but with submission to His Holy Spirit I can become like Him, holy.

Whether you plan to read the Bible in 90 days or not, this book is worth adding to your library. The first few pages give the story of the Bible which for many of us, is something we've not been taught in our local church. That is worth the purchase of the book alone.

Truth For Life
for you are a people holy to the LORD your God.
Out of all the peoples of the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be His treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 14:2

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled;
set your hope fully on the grace to be given when Jesus Christ is revealed.
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;
for it is written:
Be holy, because I am holy.
I Peter 1:13, 14

No comments: